The Asia-Pacific Academic Consortium for Public Health in collaboration with the Sri Lanka Medical Association organized the first International Webinar on COVID19 response. The theme for the webinar was “‘BREAKING THE TRANSMISSION CHAIN THROUGH COMMUNITY EMPOWERMENT“.
- Professor Colin Binns, School of Public Health, Curtin University, Australia
- Professor Gordon G Liu, Peking University, Beijing, P R China
- Professor Malik Peiris, Hong Kong University, School of Public Health
- Professor Awang Bulgiba Awang Mahmud, Faculty of Medicine, University of Malaya
- Hon. Prvithra Wanniarachchi, Minister of Health, Sri Lanka
- Professor Teo Yik Ying, Dean, Saw Swee Hock, School of Public Health, National University of Singapore
- Lieutenant General Shavendra Silva, Commander Sri Lanka Army & Head of National Operation Center for Prevention of COVID19 Outbreak, Sri Lanka
- Dr Anil Jasinghe, Director General of Health Services
- Dr Ananda Wijewickrama, Chief Consultant Physician, National Infectious Disease Hospital, Sri Lanka
- Professor Low Wah Yun, President APACPH, University of Malaya, Malaysia
- Professor Indika Karunathilake, Vice President APACPH & President of Sri Lanka Medical Association
The expert panel presented a range of views from Sri Lanka, Malaysia, Hong Kong, Singapore, China, and Australia. They included The webinar was developed at short notice and had over 1000 participants.