Since 1973, the Department has been conducting Master of Public Health programmes. It is the first postgraduate programme for public health studies in Malaysia. Since then the SPM have expanded the postgraduate programme to include,
- Master of Public Health (MPH)
- Master of Epidemiology
- Master of Medical Science (Public Health) [not offered currently]
- Master of Medical Science (Research)
- Master of Public Health (Speciality) [discontinued]
- Doctor of Public Health (DrPH)
- Doctor of Philosophy (PhD)
Doctor of Philosophy and Master of Medical Science are research degree programme.
Doctor of Public Health and Doctor of Philosophy are doctorate level programme.
Learn about A Career in Public Health
Learn about Public Health Research
Besides the programmes above that are conducted by the Department, the Department also contribute to postgraduate programmes offered by other Department of the Faculty of Medicine and other Faculty within the University. These programmes are:
- Masters of Science in Nursing
- Masters in Community Dentistry – Faculty of Dentistry
- Masters in Psychological Medicine
- Masters in Pharmacy
- Masters of Medicine (Clinical Oncology)
- Masters of Engineering (Safety, Health and Environment) – Faculty of Engineering
Over the years more and more foreign students have joined the postgraduate programmes offered by the Department of SPM.
Click here to learn more about International Student-Life
How to apply?
Those who are interested to apply for the course can browse for information for the application for postgraduate studies on the Institute of Postgraduate Studies website.