In an opinion piece published in MySinChew, Professor Datuk Dr Awang Bulgiba Awang Mahmud list down the things that Malaysia needs to do during the COVID19 outbreak. He said that a clear overall outbreak management strategy needs to answer the following questions:
- What stage of the outbreak is Malaysia in now?
- How is each stage determined?
- What is the capacity of our infrastructure to cope with the current stage?
- What are the strategies for each stage of the outbreak?
- What is the goal of the strategies at each stage?
- What is the trigger for announcing a change of stage?
- Does each stage need to have different grades?
- How do we decide how long we should continue strategies for each stage?
- How do we emphasize individual responsibility for implementing recommended personal-level actions?
- How do we empower businesses, schools, and community organizations to implement recommended actions, particularly in ways that protect persons at increased risk of severe illness?
- How can we optimize critical infrastructure or services for individuals who are at increased risk of severe illness?
- How can we optimize scarce testing and treatment facilities which are scattered across several ministries?
- When do we start doing triage for severely ill patients to separate those who can be saved and those who cannot?
- How do we minimize disruptions to daily life?
You must be logged in to post a comment.