In an interview with the StarLifestyle on the 21 May 2020, Prof Dr Noran Naqiah Hairi discusses the meaning of the new norm and how we can adapt to it. She highlights that life may not return to normal until:
- A vaccine is developed, gets approved and is administered to the population
- A good anti-viral drug is developed and can be used to treat everyone who is ill
- COVID-19 runs its natural course in history by infecting 80% of the population before a natural herd immunity develops.
What is the new norm?
- Social or physical distancing
- Good hygiene
- Wearing a face mask while in public places
- Working from home
She also discussed on the enforcement of the Movement Control Order (MCO), the issue of more infection due to the lifting of some restrictions, how do we handle those who does not follow the new norm, and the meaning of ‘flattening the curve’.
You must be logged in to post a comment.