The 38th Asia Pacific Consortium for Public Health Conference 2006 was held in Bangkok from the 02-06 December 2006. Five staff from the SPM department attended the conference, they are Associate Professor Atiya Ab Sallam, Noran Naqiah Hairi, Victor Hoe Chee Wai, Ng Chiu Wan and Moy Foong Ming. The staff also participated in the free-papers presentation.
Overall the conference has been a success in term of gaining knowledge and establishing and re-establishing international lingkages.
The free-papers from the department are:
- Perceived Risks, Barriers and Stages of change on smoking cessation among the Malay smokers in Kuala Lumpur. Moy Foong Ming, Atiya Ab Sallam & Wong ML
- Paying for Traditional Medical Care in Malaysia. Ng Chui Wan, Zainuddin J, Sirajoon Noor Ghani.
- Screening for AMI-Neural Networks versus Logistic Regression. Awang Mohmud Bulgiba, Fisher MH.
- Depression Among Elderly Malays in Kuala Langat District, Selangor Malaysia. Izzuna Mudla Mohamed Ghazali, Mas Ayu Said, Myint Myint Soe, AB Abdul Majid.
- Experience in Surveillance of Highly Pathogenic Avian Influenza in Klang, Malaysia. Mohd Aminuddin MY, Mas Ayu Said
- The Association Between Pregnancy Induced Hypertension and Low Birth Weight in Rural Kedah. A Population-Based Case-control Study. Latifah AR, Noran Naqiah Hairi, Nooriah S.
- Habits and Attitudes Towards Smoking Among Future Physicians in University Malaya, Kuala Lumpur. Noran Naqiah Hairi, Hiong TG, Farizah Hairi, Hairi NA, Osman AM, Kian CK, MD Zain KH, Fang YW.
- Occupational Health Training in Malaysia. Victor Hoe Chee Wai
- Knowledge, Attitudes and Beliefs of Avian Influenza among the Rural Community in Kupang Pasu District. Victor Hoe Chee Wai, Kynn Than Win, Wahab NAA, Abdullah AB.