Geriatric healthcare by nature is multi-dimensional, involving medical, educational, social, cultural, religious and economic factors. The chapters in this book illustrate the complex interplay of these factors in the development, management and treatment of geriatric patients.
The other chapters in this book are;
Associate Professor Noran N Hairi and Professor Awang Bulgiba was the authors for two chapters in this book;
- Chapter 3: The Epidemiology of Vascular Dementia
- Chapter 4: Swallowing Difficulties in Elderly People: Impact of Maxillomandibular Wedging
- Chapter 5: Association of Disease-Specific Mortality with Fitness Measurements and Nonparticipation in 80-year-old Population
- Chapter 6: Behavioral Treatment for Geriatric Syndrome
- Chapter 7: Aging and Exercise Training on the Neuromascular Functions of Human Movements.
- Chapter 8: Tailor-Made Programs for Preventive Falls that Match the Levels of Physical Well-Being in Community-Dwelling Older Adults
- Chapter 9: Vaccine-Preventable Infectious Respiratory Diseases in the Elderly
- Chapter 10: Beneficial Effect of Viscous Fermented Milk on Blood Glucose and Insulin Responses to Carbohydrates in Mice and Healthy Volunteers: Preventive Geriatrics Approach by “Slow Calorie”
- Chapter 11: Health Education in the Elderly
- Chapter 12: Expanding the Time Frame for Advance Care Planning: Policy Considerations and Implications for Research.
- Chapter 13: End of Life Care: Attitudes Toward Autonomy and Legal Instruments
- Chapter 14: Health Economics and Geriatrics: Challenges and Opportunities
The entire book is available for free as a PDF document
You must be logged in to post a comment.