The three day National Public Health Postgraduate Medical Programme Entrance Evaluation concluded on the 24 Jan 2019 with the meeting on the selection by the National Public Health Conjoint Committee. The meeting was chaired by Prof Sanjay Rampal, the Chairman of the Committee, and attended by representatives from the Ministry of Health and the five-member universities; University of Malaya, Universiti Kebangsaan Malaysia, Universit Sains Malaysia, Universiti Putra Malaysia and Universiti Malaysia Sarawak. Representatives from the Universiti Malaysia Sabah, Universiti Teknologi MARA and International Islamic University were also present.
The evaluation for the scholarship includes writing an Essay on Public Health, completion of a standardised Log Book, multiple choice questions examination and interview. The selection was based on the total score obtained by the candidates. This year 91 candidates were offered full-scholarship for the four-year Master of Public Health and Doctor of Public Health programmes in seven universities; i.e.,
- University of Malaya – 14 candidates
- Universiti Kebangsaan Malaysia – 14 – candidates
- Universit Sains Malaysia – 13 candidates
- Universiti Putra Malaysia – 14 candidates
- Universiti Malaysia Sarawak – 13 candidates
- Universiti Malaysia Sabah – 13 candidates
- Universiti Teknologi MARA – 10 candidates
The successful candidates will be notified by the Ministry of Health.