The Department of Social and Preventive Medicine is one of the 23 academic departments of the Faculty of Medicine, University of Malaya. The University Malaya Medical Centre or UMMC (Pusat Perubatan Universiti Malaya or PPUM ) is the teaching hospitals attached to the Faculty of Medicine, University of Malaya.
The Department of Social and Preventive Medicine is organised into three divisions and five disciplines:
- Office of the Head of Department (HOD)
- Research and Professional Services
- Professional Training
- Health Policy & Management (HPM)
- Epidemiology (EPID)
- Biostatistics (STAT)
- Family Health (FH)
- Occupational & Environmental Health (OEH)
The Department also houses three research centres,
- Julius Centre University of Malaya (JCUM)
- Centre for Population Health (CePH)
- Centre for Occupational and Environmental Health-UM (CEOH-UM)
These centres consisted of the Head of Centre with a number of administrative and research staff.